Friday, August 31, 2007

Behold..... The Pocketfold!

A lot has happened in the invitation market since my first marriage almost a decade ago. Oh, sure, we had thermography, and letterpress (although only offered by a few printers, and it was so cost prohibitive, most people couldn't afford it), as well as hand-calligraphy, and we also had a number of invitation companies to choose from (Carlson Craft and Rexcraft among the more well-known). I just realized that I sound like a real old fogey, talking about how things were "back then". Oy.

But lately there seems to be a trend in the one-of-a kind, DIY invitation, and a lot of the ones I've seen are really creative! One of my favorite new-ish ideas is the pocketfold invitation.

I love the idea of including everything about a wedding in a neat little package that can be wrapped up with a ribbon or secured with a sticker or wax seal. Everything from the invitation, to the response card, to the directions and accommodations can be included in a pocketfold, which keeps things nice and neat for guests. Plus, if you're a DIY bride, pocketfolds can be very budget friendly, as the pocketfolds themselves can be bought for as little as $1.00 each!

Personally, I intend to DIY my pocketfolds, even though I'm not the most crafty person on the planet. I like the idea of being able to print my own cardstock, and use whatever designs FH and I can find to tie into the theme of our wedding. Don't worry, I'll be sure to post photos of the results!

Here are a few sample pocketfolds that I've come across that have inspired me:




No comments: