Monday, August 20, 2007

Weddings On Location

One thing FH and I are DEFINITELY going to do is have some of our formal photographs taken in downtown Seattle. There's something really appealing to me about shots of brides and grooms in urban settings, as if they would simply blend into the crowd if it weren't for the fact that they're wearing a wedding dress and a tux. My only concern is: what if a car drives by and splashes mud, dirt, and water all over the dress? I think I might have a heart attack right then and there.

Maybe it's best to save urban shots for a day-after shoot... of course, that would require a second photo session (could get expensive) and a second day of makeup and hair. For those of you who are planning on doing city shots, are you doing them before the ceremony, after the ceremony, or on another day altogether?

Here's some examples of the kinds of photos I'm talking about (I envision additional photos of us sitting in the original Starbucks sharing a frappuccino with two straws, walking through Pike Place market, and reading books at our favorite local bookstore, Elliot Bay Books):






























































No comments: