Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Gah, The Rings!

Here's a little story for you: FH and I have been planning our wedding now for a couple of months, have set a date, booked the venue, photographer, DJ, and ceremony site. We've picked out our STD's, and have decided what to do for invitations, centerpieces, etc. I even have my dress already. Interestingly enough, though, I haven't been "officially" proposed to.

I know. You just fainted, right?

The thing is, FH and I have talked about getting married since early May, and over the 4th of July weekend when we were visiting family in the D.C. area, he asked me if I'd like to take a trip with him to start looking at engagement rings. Never one to turn down jewelry shopping, off we went. I tried on a lot of different styles (click for bigger):













While I really liked all of them, they didn't really have the vintage feel to them that I'd prefer in an engagement ring. There's just something about the timeless quality of a vintage or vintage-inspired ring that I really like (especially because I'm generally not a big fan of "bling"). These are the kinds of rings I'm usually drawn towards:


















Now, my FH likes bling much more than I do, and really, I've told him since the beginning that I would be thrilled with just a gold band from WalMart, because I don't generally wear jewelry and to me, getting married isn't about the size of the rock on your finger. So we'll see what he picks! I'll be sure to post a photo after our "official" proposal (I have a feeling he'll do it when we're in Santorini in just a few weeks, so stay tuned!). :)

No comments: